Want to go a night party with friends? Are you confused with your wardrobe? Wondering what to wear, try not to look at the standard LBD(little black dress), flared floral dresses or one shoulder dresses.The search of the season is more razzle-dazzle, Autumn’s layers offering an approach to alluring style in December with shine, glitter, and sequins galore! From sequined evening bags to blouses, separates and dresses.
HOLLYWOOD FLOURISH THE LOOK IN SEQUINS DRESSES
The sparkly look was amped up on red carpets and award functions this year. Kaia Gerber made for an elegant picture in vertically lined sequins. Several A-list stars showed off some serious leg with it, too. ‘Wonder Woman’ Gal Godot flaunted the look at the premiere of her film ‘Justice League’, in a shimmering gold sequin skirt and architectural top. Kate Hudson was seen in a black full maxi skirt with sequins. Model Bella Hadid went glamazon at a space-themed party at Cannes in a slinky backless silver sequins dress with a daring thigh-high split. And ‘Passengers’ actress Jennifer Lawrence channelled floral chic in a black crop top with a matching full skirt filled with the same embellishments as her top.
Go bright and shiny with your accessories, too. Try sequinned evening bags, flats, heels, boots, slim belts and hair clips.
CHECK OUT THESE LOOKS
DON’T BE OVERLOADED
The metallic fad is appealing in gold, silver, sequins, or duo-tones, but at the same time, you don’t want to look like a shiny disco ball while you’re at it. Here’s how to pull off the glittery look with panache…
- If you’re wearing a head-to-toe sequined dress, make sure that the accessories are minimal. Simple studs or a single chain would do.
- Go with fusion here. The rule is to wear a plain pair of trousers with a sequined halter or a plain casual top with a heavily sequined jacket. Got a sequined miniskirt? Team it with a simple white or black top.
- Got a short sequin dress? Wear it with a leather bomber jacket for that edgy vibe.
- With sequinned jeggings or tights, go with a long plain top and a clutch to match.
- To jazz up your LBD, wear it with a shiny, beaded belt around the waist.
- If you are wearing bling on the day, balance the lookout with dark shaded denim, a T-shirt, and plain heels.
- When wearing a shimmer blush, use the fine powder only as a highlighter on the cheekbones and temples.